Sunday, 10 July 2016

Ass 3 Update after tutor comments - Pat Chambers

I've been reworking the images from this assignment to improve my submissions.  My tutor suggested that the Pat Chambers images could include something historical as all the other images used old items, ie, Chris Sellers had an old Leica, Jane Pennington was holding an old collection box and Dougie had his old medals which he won for skydiving.

I talked it over with Pat and she told me how she collected old pottery and in particular Carltonware.  These pieces of pottery were often in a distinctive green colour which she had arranged in a mahogany display cabinet.  We worked through various items but finally came up with the idea of using a teapot, cup and saucer which I thought would blend in well with her other pictures of making drinks.

I tried several poses and finally came up with one of her pouring a drink into a cup from a Carltonware teapot.

This was the original image before post-processing:



I was a bit disappointed at the angle of the cupboard which was skewed so needed straightening.  Also the pictures on the left were cut off but luckily there were a couple that
had the whole images included.


 When I added them to the original image having removed some of the reflections I thought it a shame that they faced away from Pat so I flipped them vertically and added them to the picture.  I adjusted the colours of the back wall and saved them as one file.

Here's the final image which I'm really pleased with


No comments:

Post a Comment