You appear to have a few images of people with outstretched hands (was this intentional?). I actually prefer the unchosen image as it has historical interest and Jane looks as if she has an affection for the little Polio lad by the way she is cupping his head and charity box with her hands – perhaps a look of nostalgia on her face? I agree with you that due to the bright window in the background, this has probably affected your overall exposure so I would recommend a re-shoot.
I went back today top retake this picture ensuring that I kept away from the windows which allowed plenty of light in but had were all blurry and blown out.
I moved the statue to another part of the room which allowed light to come in from the left hand side but didn't show the windows. I positioned it on a low stand which brought it up to a more acceptable height. Then Jane held it as she had held it before but this time from the other side. This gave a much better image although I had to use a low level flash burst to bring out just enough so that there were no blown out areas. All together, it was a much better picture and Jane was happy with it too.


No comments:
Post a Comment