Monday, 11 July 2016

Ass 3 Update after tutor comments - Chris Sellers

Tutor comment:

I agree with your choice of image for this one, just because of the photo of his baby with an expression which says the piano playing is awful! I see an element of humour because of this, but I also like all the interesting artifacts on the piano and in the room. It can be a little busy (don’t be afraid to ask someone to move clutter on the stairs, for example or replace one object on the piano with the Leica).  I perhaps would have tried to crop a little off the conservatory door as the objects in the room beyond are a little distracting). I think the reflections in the piano are really interesting and I would like to have seen more photo opportunities in this room. Be careful of photographing people with their chin down as this does not look flattering. 

I printed this set of images in black and white partly due to hide the clutter in the room.  Hence the comment by my tutor about clutter.  Here's the original black and white image:


 And here's the same image printed in colour:




I didn't make any changes in this image, just reverted to the original colour picture.




The black and white picture of Chris and the baby pulling faces is here:





And now the corrected image in colour as suggested by my tutor:




I've cropped it on the right hand side to omit the glass door.  I think this image is fun with father and daughter pulling the same faces.




No comments:

Post a Comment