Friday, 11 March 2016

Assignment 3 Statement of Intent


Statement of intent

Most of the people I know in Lyme are those who are of retirement age or above, as I don't tend to mix with younger age groups.  There is a dearth of people between the ages of 25-45 here as there is very little work for them and they tend to move to bigger towns and cities find work before returning home in their 40s and 50s. The town is made up of many volunteers who give their time to run events and societies in the town. 

My first idea was to take pictures of my local U3A (University of the 3rd Age) pottery group but that would be difficult to cover the criteria of "Choose an organisation or group that has a broad membership in terms of age and appearance" as the group mainly tends to be ladies over retirement age.” 

My next thought was to approach members of the main Heritage Coast U3A itself but I don't really know many of them and again, they tend to be over 50.

I think an alternative is to approach members of my local photographic society as it has a wider age group, that of 40+ so perhaps I can find more of a choice there.  They all have the same hobby of taking pictures but many also enjoy other, wider pursuits around the town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment