Pat is one of the main stays of the club where, as social secretary, she ensures that there is sufficient milk, tea bags and coffee for teas. Pat also takes responsibility for organising trips out for the club members, She researches modes of transport, interesting places to visit and decides on the cost etc, for members.
She is always ready to help anyone and walks round with drinks during the mid-evening breaks. She liked this picture as it showed her at her best. Whilst I had reduced the on camera flash to -1, it was strong enough to highlight her without throwing strong black shadows in the backgrond.
My favourite picture of Pat is when I tried to emulate movement. I put the shutter on a very slow speed and stood in a corner to catch her rushing about, which she does fairly frequently.
I don't think the picture above will be her favourite image but to me it epitomises her to a T.
The other picture I chose was when she went to help an older member carry her stick and cup of tea to her seat. Pat is one of those people who can spot where help is needed before you realise it yourself and gently and tactfully helps out.
Pat is a lovely lady and if she ever decides to retire, the club will miss her willing ways.



No comments:
Post a Comment